What to Expect
Production operates on 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week. Some weekend and Holiday work is required for all departments. We work hard to provide at least 2 days in a row off together, however consecutive days off are not guaranteed. Individual schedules are established on a weekly basis. All QA technicians are to up hold company standards for product quality, food safety, personnel safety, and a sanitary work environment.
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Shift Hours
1st shift: 6:00am to 4:00pm
2nd shift: 2:00pm to 12:00pm
3rd shift: 10:00pm to 8:00am
EXPECT TO CROSS TRAIN
Muffin Mam associates are cross trained to enhance their growth and development within the company. Understanding the entire process, how to support your team, and each positions value to the process is critical to creating quality products.
- Know and understand Muffin Mam food safety and quality assurance policies.
- Have working knowledge of national food safety standards and HACCP/GFSI/SQF best practices.
- Monitor each department’s food safety compliance.
- Complete compliance reports.
- Document and report opportunities to improve program compliance.
- Monitor records and verification practices for accuracy and completeness.
- Support all departments by reporting improvements and variances.
- Test, monitor, and report results prior to process changes.
- Support production and product development teams as needed.
- Support implementation and maintenance of policy updates
- Maintain knowledge of regulation updates.
- Make recommendations to improve food safety and quality practices and policies.
- Make recommendations to improve food safety training and reduce opportunities for variances.
Ability to be an effective member of a team, communicate clearly, and provide constructive criticism. Attention to detail, documentation, and ability to organize information are essential. Able to work with minimal supervision and support the production team as needed. Must prioritize work, make informed decisions, and communicate needs to multiple departments. Teaching and coaching skills are appreciated.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING PREFERENCE:
HACCP, SQF, Safe Food Handling, and GMP training. Experience Handling Food Processing Equipment: Label Machine, Case Packer, Conveyor Systems, Mixers, Ovens, Depositors. Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma. Certified Forklift Driver with working operational knowledge of warehouse equipment, i.e. pallet jacks, palletizer.
All applicants must be willing to work at least 5 /10 hour shifts. Some overtime, weekends and holidays are required. All applications should be submitted through our careers link.